Monday, April 4, 2011

Spring Has Sprung


Magnolia tree in my parents' yard

What a great week. The hyaluronic acid that I've been getting injected into my knee began to do its job. As the week progressed, the pain diminished and my runs got longer. I am still keeping a slower pace than normal and doing no run over 5 miles for the next 8-10 days. After the third shot tomorrow, however, I should be good to go for up to 6 months before I have to do it all over again.

On Saturday, I went to KC with Marisa and Chris Ford. We chowed down at Fud (pronounced 'food'), a vegan restaurant next to the Blue Bird Cafe. Food, Eden Alley, Seed, and now the coffee shop and bakery on 39th street near State Line (I can't think of the name of it), all have great vegan dishes. And more restaurants like the Blue Koi are pretty vegan friendly. KC has come a long way.

I'm gonna do a bit of running in Florida this week. I'm attending a trade show at Ponte Vedra (some sort of golf resort near Sarasota, I think). There should be some very fast runs, because if you think Kansas is flat... You've never seen flat until you've seen to Florida. But I like hot, sticky, flat running, so I'm looking forward to it.

Not much else to tell.

Until next week.....

No comments:

Post a Comment