Monday, April 25, 2011

Running weekend

It was a pretty nice Saturday. I set out mid-morning for an easy 8 in the country. Since it was supposed to rain on Sunday, I wanted to get in a decent length run for Saturday. There were some clouds spitting a bit of intermittent rain. As I crunched along the gravel of Queens road heading into the country, I passed another runner coming toward me. I always find it odd when people come toward me on this run, because it means they have just ascended one of the steepest hills around. I don't mind hills, but this one is a monster. Other than that one runner, I would see no one else on my jaunt.

I did encounter a quick bout of pea-sized hail which surprised me. I also had one of my first run-ins with a dog (a pretty Weimereiner). Both of these incidents ended without injury. And, as usual, the run was really pretty.

So Sunday came around, and rather than the rain that had been predicted, it was beautiful. So I set out on a 9-ish mile run. I almost never do run more than 6 or 7miles back to back. but it was such a pleasant temperature with very little wind. I don't have anything to really report about the run other than to say it was a nice easy way to begin the week's mileage count. I am taking today off from running to make sure I don't overdo it on training.

In other news, the first week of the new job went well. The demo that Marisa and I did on Friday evening went better than any demo I have ever seen. I am not sure how many hundreds of vegan veggie burgers we sold, but I'd be shocked if it was less than 400 in the 2.75 hours we were there. It was an interesting experience - never having done a demo before - to meet with the end-use consumers and learn their reactions to the product. After all was said and done, both of us feel as though we made the right decision to take the positions running the Natural Product sales for the new company.

And finally, Rafael Nadal won the Barcelona Open yesterday. It set a record for most consecutive wins at two tournaments (Monte Carlo was the first). For the second week in a row, Rafa defeated David Ferrer in a final. Both are looking good for the French. It is going to be a good summer of tennis. Djokovic skipped the two tournaments, so we'll all have to wait to see how he looks on clay.

See you next week.

No comments:

Post a Comment