Tuesday, March 29, 2011

Knee Knews


Pictured Center - Scott Jurek (the tall one who looks like a runner)


So on Saturday my knee gave out in the middle of a run. I was dressed for running, so the walk home was cold. Biking is not a problem. I still trained with Chris Ford on Sunday. He's working to place in the KS Half Marathon. Note: a 10 mile run is much easier when performed on a bike.

Today I get another hyaluronic acid injection to try to get the OA under control. I'm hoping to be back running (or at least jogging) by Thursday. I checked out the Nordic Track last night. Oddly, I can do that without too much pain. Biking, skiing; both ok. Running seems to be the issue.

Not much else to report other than Chris Ford's art opening was a blast - even if it did coincide with KU/Richmond. Check out his work (photographed by his lovely wife, Marisa) at www.urbanstump.com I am now the proud owner of one.

Until next week - catch the Sony Ericsson Open on the Tennis Channel. All of the top players are there looking really good. Djokovic is the one to watch. See you next week.

No comments:

Post a Comment