Monday, May 9, 2011

Readin', Robyn, and Runnin'

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4R2zbo--jPA

If you use the link above, you'll find a really great song to listen to while you run. I don't know why disco, and electronica-type tunes are so good to run to - maybe it's the solid beat without change... Anyway, it is a song entitled 'Call Your Girlfriend,' by Robyn. While I like all kinds of music, I usually run to either the afore-mentioned types of music, or something a bit harder than what I normally listen to. If anyone wants to post comments on artist they like to join them on a run, I'll try to write a bit more about it next week.

In other news, I found a book called The Runner's Literary Companion in a local used book store. I started to read it, and am thoroughly enjoying it. It is chock full of excerpt from novels, short stories, and poems. It you want to see more about it, you can go here http://www.amazon.com/Runners-Literary-Companion-Stories-Running/dp/B001G8WPOE/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&s=books&qid=1304944610&sr=8-1

Finally, I toned down the weekend runs to 7 miles each day. After a week of running almost every day (I took last Monday off), I was feeling every mile of the weekend runs. I wasn't sore, but I just wasn't feeling it either day. So on Sunday, I just slowed everything down. At a pace about 45 seconds slower than my normal training, I found that, while not loving every minute of it, that the run hit a comfortable note. I finished feeling good enough to do some lawn work and watch the amazing tennis final between Rafa and Novak Djokovic at the Mutua Madrid Open. Djokovic won in straight, but hard-fought sets. I can't wait for Roland Garros.

Until next week...

1 comment:

  1. I've been subscribing to the Podrunner podcast. It's electronic music with verying BPM each week. I also like running to AC/DC Live.

    ReplyDelete