Sunday, September 2, 2012

River Trails

I haven't posted in a couple of weeks. I've been working on other projects. Sometimes I wonder, what more is there to say about running? But then I realize that, like running, I write this for myself. It is a record of my thoughts and experiences of the world through running.

Psychically, the past couple of weeks have been tough. Physically, though, things are, once again, returning to normal. With the three day Labor Day weekend, I'm hitting the river trails every day. The 8.5-9 mi jaunts seem different every time I do them. Yesterday was a mud fest. I ran in the rains of the depleting Hurricane Isaac. It was seriously muddy, yet wonderful I never saw another person until the parking lot at the end - my preferred way to run, like the cup - Solo.

Today the trails were packed down a bit as the sandiness had dissipated with the rains. It was a completely different experience. There were a number of cyclists and other runners. While that is always a bit of a drawback, the trails felt so good underfoot that, at times, I barley noticed I was running.

I'll hit them again in the a.m. for my first 3 times in 3 days on those trails. I'm looking forward to it.

No comments:

Post a Comment