Tuesday, May 1, 2012

When in doubt, run it out.

With my legs still a bit sore from Saturday's 17mi, and Sunday's 2mi (recovery run), I didn't have a lot of hope for the run this a.m. I had given my legs a break yesterday, and did pulls for a half hour in the morning at the pool. I did a Biofreeze rubdown last night, and hoped to feel adequate for a decent run this a.m.

And what a decent run it was. I took off heading west, but turned south after looking at some slightly ominous clouds (they later disappeared). I felt pretty good, and experienced almost no soreness initially. So I decided that a 5 miler would be a good move. As I neared the 5mi loop break off, I thought, you know, I feel so good that I should go for six. So I took a left down a dirt road. As the six mile loop was going, I noticed that I could feel some lactic acid building. But instead of feeling bad, it felt shockingly good. So, when I had the opportunity to add another mile, I did so.

I didn't break any speed records. But I did knock out a 7mi run at a sub 9 pace when I would've been happy with a 3-4mi run. I'm hoping to do something similar tomorrow. But first, Biofreeze.

No comments:

Post a Comment